PCI to UltraWide SCSI Host Adapter for MacOS
- 40 MByte/sec SCSI Bus Transfers
- ISGE Integrated Scatter / Gather Engine
- Bus Master
- Connect up to 15 devices
- Supports hard disks, CD-ROM devices, CDR devices, CDRW devices, optica drives, tape drives, scanners, MO drives, DAT drives etc.
- Mac OS SCSI Manager 4.3 compliant
- Support for Mac OS version 7.5.2 or later and Mac OS x
- Allows multiple board configuration
- Uses current SCSI cables and infrastructure
- Thoroughly tested with a broad array of SCSI peripherals and motherboards
- Full 3 year warranty
- 100,000 Hours MTBF (POH)
IOI-9100UW Mac PCI-UltraWide SCSI bus master host adapter provides a high performance, reliable, and simple I/O solution for multimedia, publishing, digital video, and graphic intensive applications running on Power Macintosh with PCI systems. IOI-9100UW-MAC supports the latest UltraSCSI and UltraWide SCSI peripherals at up to 40 MB/sec, and takes advantage of the 133 MB/sec burst rate of the PCI bus to provide unmatched I/O performance.
IOI-9100UW-MAC adds one more I/O processing arm to Power Macintosh with PCI, enabling users to take advantage of the new, fast, wide, and UltraSCSI devices. While IOI-9100UW-MAC host adapters are capable of keeping pace with the most demanding applications, they offer complete compatibility with your existing SCSI peripherals. You can combine up to 15* SCSI-1, SCSI-2, SCSI-3, or UltraSCSI peripherals for optimum performance and value. IOI-9100UW-MAC supports Mac OS version 7.5.2 or later and includes a field upgradable Flash SCSI driver. The IOI-9100UW-MAC host adapter include both auto-configuration and auto-termination for Plug-and-Play installations in PCI-based systems. IOI-9100UW-MAC host adapters will run in PowerPC compatible PCI systems.
IOI-9100UW-MAC utilizes a unique PCI-SCSI engine integrated into a single chip to provide the highest performance while maintaining maximum compatibility with today¡¦s and tomorrow¡¦s peripheral products. The PCI-SCSI engine employs a distinctive Integrated Scatter/Gather Engine (ISGETM) to provide more performance and I/O processing power for Power Macintosh with PCI systems.
Comprehensive support includes the following devices: SCSI hard disk drives, CD-ROM drives, CD-ROM writers, rewritable optical drives, WORM drives, multi-function optical drives, scanners, removable drives, DAT, Zip/JazTM drives and tape drives.
- Bootable from attached disks
- Independent negotiation of data transfer speed (Fast, Wide, and Ultra) with each peripheral device
- Support for scatter/gather, disconnect/reconnect, tagged command queuing
HOST BUS DATA TRANSFER RATE
- Up to 133 MByte/sec burst rate
SCSI BUS TRANSFER RATE
- 40 MB/sec synchronous UltraWide SCSI
- Up to 20 MB/sec synchronous Ultra FastSCSI
- Connect up to 15 devices* using Ultra2 or up to 15 devices* using non-Ultra2
- UltraSCSI, SCSI-3, SCSI-2, SCSI-1, single ended
- Programmable, active terminatorS
- 68-pin high density external UltraWideSCSI connector
- 68-pin high density internal UltraWideSCSI connector
- 50-pin internal Ultra Fast SCSI connector
- 6.25" x 3.75" (15.87cm x 9.52cm)
- 0º to 55ºC (32º to 131ºF), 10% to 90% relative humidity (non-condensing)
- -40 to 75º C(-40 to 167º F)
- 5% to 95% relative humidity (noncondensing)